Free Legal Consultations Available 24/7
206-727-4000 or 866-595-3565

Reckless Driving Leads To Serious Wreck On Interstate 5

Updated on: 2/15/2019

The Washington State Patrol says a woman’s reckless driving contributed to a two-car crash on Interstate 5, sending two people to the hospital Wednesday morning.

A 25-year-old woman driving a Subaru was reportedly driving recklessly on I-5 northbound just south of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, making hand gestures before crashing into the back of a van. The collision caused both vehicles to roll and crash into a ditch alongside the freeway.

Two injured people in the van were trapped and had to be freed. They were taken to the hospital with broken bones. The driver of the Subaru was taken into custody. She was not injured.

Who Can File A Claim After An Accident?

It’s not uncommon for injured victims to be confused and have plenty of questions after a serious accident. Can they file a personal injury claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance? Who will pay for their medical expenses? How will they handle the claim while recovering from their injuries? 

Unfortunately, many people do not seek the compensation they deserve after an accident. Going up against insurance companies can be intimidating, and some people don’t believe they can negotiate these claims.

In a crash like the one above, the at-fault party – the woman driving the Subaru – would likely be liable for the damages caused to the two people injured in the van. In Washington State, the injured people could seek compensation from the Subaru driver’s liability coverage, as well as Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage and possibly their own Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage. 

Navigating insurance laws can be complex. If you or someone you know has been seriously injured in a car accident, it’s a good idea to contact an experienced car accident attorney. For a free consultation with our legal team about your rights as a victim, you can get in touch by using our convenient chat feature, calling (206) 727-4000, or using our contact form on this page.

Image: Washington State Patrol

Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment