Updated on: 2/20/2019
The amount of drunken driving fatalities and accidents are significantly higher during the holiday season.While you should be very cautious as a driver, you should also be just as safe as a pedestrian or cyclist.
Defensive Walking Safety Tips to Avoid Accidents
• Be alert for approaching vehicles as they may not be alert to your presence.
• Be observant. When walking or exercising, maintain your situational awareness.
• Don’t walk/exercise distracted. Audio and communication devices can keep you from recognizing danger.
• Don’t use sound-blocking headphones to listen to music. It will obviously affect your ability to hear traffic coming.
• Follow the laws. Don’t cross roadways except at appropriate locations and don’t trespass on roadways which prohibit pedestrians.
• Don’t assume traffic will stop just because you enter a pedestrian crossing zone.
Davis Law Group is wishing everyone a happy and safe holiday season!