Updated on: 10/12/2018
Questions Mechanical Equipment Information
- What was the mechanical condition of the train?
- When was the last inspection of the train?
- Was all cab signal equipment fully operational?
- Was the deadman or alerter feature checked prior to departure?
- What was the mechanical condition of the controlling locomotive (engine)?
- What is the mechanical inspection record of the locomotive and the passenger cars?
- Were emergency brakes applied at any time before the accident?
- Were the braking systems functioning normally prior to the accident?
- Was the train operator display (TOD) in full working order?
- Have all maintenance crew members met the American Public Transpiration Association (APTA) Rail Vehicles Maintenance Training Standards?
- Died the train have a full pre-departure inspection of systems and components of the rail transit vehicles?