Updated on: 2/26/2019
A collision between a Jeep and a semi-truck on Interstate 90 near North Bend left the driver of the Jeep seriously injured, Washington State Patrol reports. The crash occurred around 3:30 p.m. near exit 31.
Eastbound I-90 was shut down for about two hours Wednesday afternoon. Images from the scene show a semi-truck hauling a load of cars on a trailer and a severely damaged blue Jeep (pictured).
State Patrol said the driver of the Jeep was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. He is likely to survive, police said.
The cause of the crash is not yet known.
What To Do After A Semi-Truck Crash
The first thing injured victims should do is seek medical treatment for their injuries. Crashes such as the one above are often complex, and the full investigation to determine liability may take some time to complete. If you or a loved one has high medical bills and are not sure where to turn next, it may be time to consult with an experienced semi-truck accident lawyer.
In semi-truck crashes, multiple plaintiffs may be involved. Because of that, it may be difficult to figure out who will pay for which expenses. That’s where your lawyer can help.
A semi-truck lawyer can:
- Negotiate with hospitals and other medical providers so your bills aren’t sent to collections
- Determine whose insurance to file a claim with after the accident
- Help you determine how to use PIP (personal injury protection) and UIM (underinsured motorist coverage), services offered by your own insurance company
- Handle the paperwork associated with opening claims
- Negotiate with the insurance of the at-fault party
- Give you advice on how to speak with the media after a major crash
- Represent you in court if your case does go to trial
One thing to remember in semi-truck accident cases: the trucking company and its insurance provider has already begun investigating the collision. They act quickly to eliminate or minimize their responsibility for the accident. They will often use shady or unethical tactics to take the blame off themselves. For that reason, waiting to consult with a lawyer can only hurt a victim's chances of a successful outcome.
More Resources For Semi-Truck Victims
At Davis Law Group, P.S., we understand how confusing and intimidating it can be to deal with the aftermath of a semi-truck accident. Here are some additional resources from Davis Law Group that explain some of the intricacies of these accidents:
- Common Types Of Injuries In Semi-Truck Accident Cases
- Common Insurance Issues In Semi-Truck Accident Cases
- How Do I Find The Right Semi-Truck Accident Attorney?
- How Do I Pay My Medical Bills After A Semi-Truck Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer?
- How Trucking Companies Gain The Upper Hand After An Accident
- Types Of Expert Witnesses In Semi-Truck Accident Cases
- Common Defenses In Semi-Truck Accident Cases
- Legal Mistakes That Could Ruin Your Semi-Truck Accident Case
- How Weather Causes An Increase In Semi-Truck Accidents
- What Are Thee Most Common Causes Of Semi-Truck Accidents?
Image: Washington State Patrol