Halloween is a fun time for children, teens, and adults. However, it can also be a time of injury and fatalities. In fact, Halloween is the deadliest night of the year for pedestrians.
As an adult party goer, be aware that children will be walking all over the city and throughout the neighbors.
If you will be attending parties for Halloween festivities, AAA recommends the following tips:
1. Have a designated driver planned BEFORE festivities start. If you do not have a DD, make plans for a cab or to crash at your location.
2. Avoid residential areas as much as you can. If you are driving in a residential area, go slow and scan as far ahead as possible.
3. Use headlights even more before dusk. You need to be able to see as much as possible.
4. As always, obey all traffic signs and signals. Be even more cautious than usual.
5. Do not park on the street, if possible. Parking on the side of the street limits the view for other drivers to see pedestrians.
Davis Law Group wishes you a safe and happy Halloween!
If you were injured on Halloween, due to the negligence of another person, contact an attorney.
Personal injury attorney Chris Davis has nearly 20 years of experience in representing accident victims. Call Davis Law Group at (206) 727-4000.