Updated on: 8/20/2019
In just the first four days of August 2019 there were no fewer than 11 serious motorcycle accidents resulting in 5 deaths in Washington State.
1. Motorcycle Accident: Lake Street & Evergreen Way in Everett, WA
Thursday, August 1, 2019, a cargo van making a U-turn strikes a 36-year-old male driving a motorcycle. Possible injuries.
2. Serious Motorcycle Crash: Hwy 99 & 220th in Edmonds, WA
Thursday, August 1, 2019, a sedan making a left turn fails to yield right-of-way to a 32-year-old motorcycle driver. The motorcyclist suffered serious injuries.
3. Motorcycle Collision: NW Nichols Avenue & Hansberry Street NW
Thursday, August 1, 2019, motorcyclist crashes while trying to overtake/pass another vehicle.
4. Motorcycle Accident: Conconully, WA
Friday, August 2, 2019, distracted motorcyclist strikes a vehicle that was stopped in the roadway.
5. Double Motorcycle Fatality: US 101 near Hood Canal / Brinnon, WA
Two motorcyclists were killed the morning of Saturday, August 3, 2019 when one crossed over the center line along Highway 101 / Fulton Creek Road near Brinnon and hit another motorcyclist going the opposite direction. The crash site was between Duckabush and Triton Cove State Park.
6. Fatal Motorcycle Crash: 2400 Block of Maple Valley Hwy
Saturday, August 3, 2019, a motorcyclist heading east was knocked off his bike after being hit by a car that had been driving behind him, surveillance video shows. Photo credit: KOMO News
7. Fatal Drunk Driving Motorcycle Collision: Tilley Road SE & 142nd Avenue SW, Tenino / Maytown, WA
Saturday, August 3, 2019, 24-year-old motorcyclist Caire Cotton stopped in a gore point on Interstate 5 and was hit and killed by a drunk driver.
8. Fatal Motorcycle Accident: US 12, Milepost 74, Near Ethel, WA
Saturday, August 3, 2019, an SUV was eastbound, motorcycle was westbound on SR 12. The SUV failed to yield for a left turn and was hit by the motorcycle. 48-year-old David Sherman was pronounced dead at the scene. Motorcycle was a grey 2010 Harley Davidson.
9. Serious Motorcycle Crash: SR97 Near Goldendale, WA
Driver of a 2005 Harley Davidson Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic Motorcycle failed to negotiate a left-hand curve and crashed. Was transported to Klickitat Valley Hospital. No other vehicles were involved.
10. Fatal Motorcycle Collision: Hwy 14, Plymouth, WA
Thursday, August 1, 2019, A Honda accord headed eastbound on Sr 14 at McNary Court crossed the center-line striking and killing 55-year-old Alan Sells who was riding a 2004 Harley Davidson WGI Motorcycle.
11. Serious Motorcycle Accident: SR12 near Walla, Walla, WA
Saturday, August 3, 2019 a man driving a 2018 Harley Davidson FLH struck a deer totaling his bike. He was transported to Providence St. Mary's Medical Center. Photo credit: KIRO News
Powered by Top Rated Local®