Updated on: 2/17/2020
One person was killed and five others were injured in a massive crash involving in a semi truck on Interstate 5 in Conway, WA, on Tuesday morning, according to the Washington State Patrol.
The incident occurred around 5:45 a.m. in the southbound lanes near State Route 534 (milepost 221) in Conway.
The five that were hurt are all expected to survive.
Images from the scene show a box truck engulfed in flames. At least one vehicle rolled over. The initial investigation shows that traffic was stopped or traveling at a slow rate in the area just prior to the collision when a box truck failed to stop and collided with several vehicles; one driver died at the scene and several others were injured and transported to the hospital.
The incident occurred near a construction zone. The area has been reduced to one lane for a concrete rehab project.
State Patrol detectives are examining all aspects that lead to this collision and are seeking additional witnesses that may have information surrounding this collision. If you know about this collision, you are asked to email or call Detective Sergeant Jason Kraus at (360) 870-4598 or [email protected] or Detective Russ Haake at [email protected] or (425) 401-7717.
Location of the Crash
The Complex Nature of Semi Truck Accidents
After an accident involving a semi truck or other commercial vehicle, it’s key that victims and their families consult with an attorney right away. Time is truly of the essence.
Seattle-based Davis Law Group has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for semi truck accident victims. Gaining access to the crash scene and witnesses as soon as possible plays a pivotal role in a successful resolution.
A lot goes into investigating a semi truck accident. Elements include:
- Accident scene evidence
- Witness statements
- Inspection of vehicles
- Black box data
- Cell phone records
- Toxicology results
- Logbook records
- Cargo records
- Trucking company’s reputation
- Police reports
To read more about how attorneys investigate semi truck cases, click here.
Further Reading on Semi Truck Accidents
Who Can Be Held Liable For Injury In A Semi-Truck Accident?
What Are the Most Common Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents?
Common Insurance Issues In Semi-Truck Accident Cases
Attorney Mistakes That Could Ruin Your Semi-Truck Accident Case
How Do I Determine If I Need A Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer?
Davis Law Group Semi Truck Settlements
Damages in semi truck accident cases are often high. Davis Law Group has helped victims over the years recover financially after these life-altering events.
- $2 million settlement for semi truck crash victim: Mr. Davis successfully negotiated a settlement of more than $2 million for a young man who was seriously injured after his vehicle was struck by a semi-truck on Interstate 5 in Seattle. Read more.
- $1 million settlement for victim with broken leg: We recovered a $1.06 million settlement for our client who suffered a broken leg and also contracted MRSA after being injured in a motor vehicle collision. The defendant's insurance company attempted to blame our client for the crash. Read more.
- $857,000 settlement for woman injured in semi crash: Our attorneys successfully negotiated a settlement of $857,000 for a mother injured in a semi truck collision. Read more.
- $775,000 settlement for victim with fractured neck in truck crash: Insurance adjusters initially offered only $400,000 to pay for our client’s medical bills. With the help of Davis Law Group, that offer was increased by more than $300,000. Read more.
Washington’s Top Semi Truck Accident Law Firm
If you would like to discuss your semi truck accident case with the legal team at Davis Law Group, please feel free to contact our personal injury attorneys at any time. We can provide a free case evaluation and explain the whole process. If we take on your case, we won’t charge you any legal fees or costs – including the costs of an investigation – unless we obtain a financial recovery for you.
Call (206) 727-4000, use the chat feature below or fill out the form on this page to get started.