Updated on: 12/4/2018
A suspected DUI driver caused a semi truck to flip on Interstate 90 on Saturday morning in Spokane Valley, according to the Spokane County Sheriff’s Department.
The incident occurred in the early morning hours near the Evergreen exit.
Police say a 26-year-old man in a Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck attempted to pass a semi-truck on the right shoulder of the highway. The man hit the semi, causing both vehicles to hit the center barrier. The semi flipped, blocking eastbound I-90 for about seven hours.
The causing driver fled the scene on foot, but was quickly caught by police. The man was arrested on suspicion of DUI and was later booked into Spokane County Jail.
A passenger in the pickup was injured and released at the scene. The driver of the semi also suffered injuries and was released at the scene.
Location of the Collision
Tips for Choosing the Right Injury Lawyer
Having the best personal injury lawyer on your side after an accident can make the difference between millions of dollars in compensation.
Here are five helpful tips for choosing the personal injury attorney for your case:
- Experience. There is no good replacement for on-the-job experience as an attorney. By choosing an attorney with decades of experience, you are getting someone who has seen similar cases to yours and has navigated the personal injury process thousands of times before. This shows they are prepared to handle your case and take it to trial if necessary.
- Expertise. Some personal injury attorneys have a broad range of case types that they handle. Others are very narrow, only taking cases that apply to certain situations (bike collisions, slip and falls, etc.). You want someone that is knowledgeable about your specific accident type and is prepared to fight for you.
- Reputation. A lawyer’s reputation is one of their most important assets. This helps them not only from a plaintiff’s perspective, but from the defendant’s perspective and the court’s perspective during trial. An established lawyer commands respect of all involved in the case.
- Resources. Your attorney should have the financial resources to hire the necessary experts and see your case through to the end. Cheaper attorneys may feel rushed to settle the case rather than go to trial.
- Personality. You should “click” with your attorney when you meet them face-to-face. Knowing they’ll be there for you during these tough times is important.
If you would like to know more about the Washington state DUI collision attorneys at Davis Law Group, please call (206) 727-4000. Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we don’t get paid unless you do.