Just after 8 a.m. on State Route 112 the accident happened. It is unknown as to what caused the fatal accident.
Davis Law Group sends condolences to the family and friends of the victim.
2011 Car Accident Statistics
• There were more than 5.5 million car accidents in the United States. Nearly 31,000 were fatal, and more than 2 million people were injured.
• The majority of fatal crashes involved only one vehicle (61 percent).
• Nearly half of all fatal crashes occurred on roads with posted speed limits of 55 mph or higher.
• The deadliest month for car crashes was August. More than 2,864 fatal crashes occurred in 2009.
• Most crashes happened between 5 and 5:59 p.m. on weekdays, and between 2 and 2:59 a.m. on weekends.
• Motor vehicle crashes were the leading cause of death for children and teenagers.
• At any given moment, 812,000 vehicles were being driven by someone using a handheld cell phone in the U.S.
• An average of four children, ages 14 and under, were killed every day in auto accidents. Nearly 500 were injured daily.
• While statistics continue to improve, 32 percent of fatal accidents involved alcohol-impaired drivers.
• About 31 percent of fatalities were caused by speeding (10,591).