Attorney Greg Colburn Talks About Hot Dog Injury

Attorney Greg Colburn appeared on KOMO4 News to discuss the case of a local Seattle-area woman who choked on a wire that was contained in a Hebrew National hot dog that had been purchased at Costco earlier that day. She later needed a second surgery to remove her tonsils due to damaged caused by the bristle/wire.

 The woman's boyfriend prepared a hot dog for her during a barbecue with friends but before long, she felt extreme pain in her throat and was rushed to the hospital. Doctors eventually figured out that a small wire - about two centimeters long - had been lodged in the back of her throat.

Colburn's investigation hopes to determine whether the wire was inside the hot dog at the time it was purchased or whether the wire may have fallen off of a brush that was used to clean the grill is being full explored.

1 Comments
This happened to me. The bristle perforated my bowel and lodged into my outer abdominal wall. I consider myself lucky to be alive.
by RW September 9, 2014 at 05:36 PM
Comments are closed.