A collision involving seven vehicles left six people injured Sunday morning on southbound Interstate 5, according to the Washington State Patrol.
A total of 14 individuals were involved in the incident, which occurred near the Boeing Access Road around 5:40 a.m.
The WSP release states the following:
- Vehicle one and vehicle two were traveling southbound.
- Vehicle three was disabled on the right shoulder. Vehicle two failed to stop for traffic. Vehicle two hit vehicle three from the side and came to a rest in lane one of five.
- Vehicle one hit vehicle two and crossed all lanes of traffic, coming to a rest in lane five.
- Vehicles four, five and six were all traveling southbound in lane five and vehicle seven was in lane four.
- Vehicle four attempted to avoid vehicle one as it crossed traffic and hit the jersey barrier. Vehicle four came to a rest on the shoulder.
The 61-year-old Kent man driving vehicle one was injured and taken to Harborview Medical Center. He was charged with vehicular assault and driving under the influence.
A 19-year-old Seattle woman was driving vehicle two. She was also injured and taken to Harborview. All three of her passengers were injured and taken to Harborview as well.
The driver of vehicle three was a 43-year-old Kent man. He was also injured in the collision and transported to Harborview.
The other drivers and passengers in vehicles four, five, six and seven were not injured.
Pileup Accident Attorneys
Pileup accidents, also known as chain-reaction crashes, involve multiple vehicles and can be a nightmare to deal with. If you have suffered injuries in one of these incidents, it may be smart to consult with an experienced car accident attorney.
Determining fault in a pileup accident is difficult, and it takes the right attorney to be able to sort out negligence issues and handling all the potential insurance issues.
You need to make sure you are protected after these accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a lawyer today.
For a free case evaluation with an attorney at Seattle-based Davis Law Group, P.S., call (206) 727-4000. You can also fill out the form on this page or use the chat feature below