Car Accident Lawsuits, Settlements & Verdicts
Being involved in a car accident can be a traumatizing and stressful experience, especially if you are seriously injured or lose a loved one as a result of a crash. Davis Law Group is dedicated to holding people responsible for causing personal injury to others and has helped car accident victims recover large settlements for decades in Washington state.
Car accident victims also suffer the burden of large expenses, including hospital bills, medical treatments and medication, childcare, loss of personal time with loved ones, and missed time from work. A successful personal injury claim can reimburse you for these expenses, and statistics show that accident victims typically see a much higher recovery when they hire a lawyer.
No matter what type of car accident, drunk driving crashes, head-on collisions, rear-end accidents, running-red-light crash, failure to yield collisions, illegal U-turn accidents, or any other type of collision, Davis Law Group can help. Call 206-727-4000 for a FREE legal consultation.
Common Car Accident Legal Questions
- What kind of financial compensation can I receive after an accident?
- How can a car accident lawyer help me?
- What is a fair settlement value for my case? Is there a settlement calculator?
- What are the most common types of automobile accidents?
- Does your law firm have experience handling serious car accident cases?
- Why should I choose your law firm?
Award-Winning Car Accident Lawyers
Davis Law Group, P.S. founder Chris Davis is one of the most respected and recognized civil litigation lawyers practicing in Washington State. Davis Law Group has been named Best Injury Law Firm in Washington State by AI Dispute Resolution Awards.
Davis Law Group has been named 'Best Traffic Accident Firm' in Washington State by Legal Elite Awards for commitment, excellence and outperforming its competitors in the serious motor vehicle collision claims.
Car Accident Attorney Chris Davis In The News
As a prominent car accident injury lawyer with experience in handling motor vehicle accident claims, attorney Chris Davis's expert opinion is often featured by local media covering accident-related issues and/or some of his cases.
Featured Car Accident Case Results
It is important to understand that all car accident cases are different and unique in some way or another. That being said, there are some common factors and causes that we often see in car accident cases, including:
- Distracted Driving. One of the most common causes of car accidents. Drivers are often distracted by the cell phones, GPS systems, or other passengers inside of the vehicle.
- Road Conditions & Debris. Rain, snow, and wind can make the roadway more dangerous and increase the chances of a crash. Seattle's rainy weather is often a major factor in serious car accidents.
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI). Drivers who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs pose a serious risk to other motorists.
- Inexperienced Drivers. Teen drivers and those with limited driving experience often react slowly to a potential crash and may have a poor understanding of traffic laws.
- Reckless Driving. Vehicles traveling over the speed limit or following too closely often cause serious and even fatal car accidents.
- Defective Vehicle Parts. Malfunctioning equipment or poorly-maintained cars and parts can break down and make it difficult for drivers to control their vehicles.
Insurance companies are in business to make profit, and their revenue comes from customers' insurance policy payments, while their largest expense is paying out claims. Most car accident victims have a limited understanding of their own legal rights after being injured in a collision, and the insurance companies use this to their advantage during the negotiations process. Many of the car accident victims we speak with are shocked at the lowball offers they receive after submitting their claims to the insurance companies.
In order to maximize their profitability, insurance adjusters will do just about anything they can to decrease the value of valid personal injury claims. Hiring an attorney who is not afraid to take your case to trial gives you more power and a higher likelihood of an excellent result.
Studies by the Insurance Research Council have shown, on average, automobile accident injury claimants who hired a lawyer received a settlement that was 3 and a half times more than they would have if they had tried to negotiate on their own. Get more information on this study by downloading our free report: Why Injury Victims Who Hire A Lawyer Receive Larger Settlements.