Bicycle Accident Injury Settlements & Lawsuits in Washington
Serious and minor bicycle accidents happen every day. Although drivers are required to exercise reasonable care when sharing the road with cyclists, it can happen to anyone. If a motor vehicle driver's reckless or negligent driving caused you or a family member to be injured in a bicycle crash, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries.
In The News: "Is there a war in Seattle between motorists and cyclists?" Read an interview with attorney Chris Davis featured in The Stranger.
Seattle-area attorney Chris Davis and the Davis Law Group, P.S. are here to help you. We understand the devastating injuries that can result from a serious bike accident. To get outstanding legal assistance with your case, call the Davis Law Group now toll free at 206-727-4000 for a FREE legal consultation.
Bicycle Accident Attorney Chris Davis In The News
Bicycle Accident Statistics
- Head injuries contribute to 60 percent of all bike deaths.
- 1 in 8 of reported bicyclist injuries were a form of traumatic brain injury. Two-thirds of bicycle accident deaths stem from traumatic brain injuries.
- In 2009, 630 cyclists were killed and 51,000 were injured nationally.
- Seventy percent of bicycle fatalities occurr in urban areas.
- The average age of bicyclists killed in traffic accidents in 2009 was 41. The average age for those injured was 31.
- More than 85 percent of people killed in bike wrecks in 2009 were male.
Legal Rights of Bicycle Riders
- Motorists and their passengers must check for passing bicyclists before opening their door.
- Motorists must stay a safe distance to the left of a bicyclist when passing.
- Motorists are prohibited from making abrupt turns immediately after passing a cyclist.
- Motorists must yield to oncoming bicyclists when making left turns.
- Motorists may not use the fact that bicyclists were riding to the right of traffic as a legal defense for causing a crash with a cyclist.
Justice for Bike Accident Victims
Settlement Value of a Bicycle Accident Injury Claim
Based upon the circumstances involved in the bicycle accident and the specific nature of the cyclist's injuries, the settlements and jury verdicts in bicycle accident cases are often significant. The following are just of a few of the factors that may be considered when determining fair and reasonable compensation in bicycle injury cases.
- The type, extent, and severity of injuries;
- Past, present and future medical costs;
- Pain and suffering damages;
- The possibility or impossibility of totally recovery from injuries;
- Vocational / career limitations due to the injuries;
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
- Motorist running a stop light or stop sign;
- Motorist making a right or left turn in front of a moving bicycle;
- Car door opening in front of cyclist;
- Bicyclist riding on the wrong side of the road against oncoming traffic;
- Bicyclist making an unpredictable and hazardous move;
- Bicyclist running a stop light or stop sign;
Free Legal Consultation With An Experienced Bicycle Accident Attorney
Have you been seriously injured in a bike crash in Washington State? Want to know if you have a legal case? Want compensation for your injuries and justice for your loved ones? Want to make sure the same thing doesn't happen to someone else?
Our legal team of attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants and support staff handle each bicycle case that we accept from beginning to end, lifting as many burdens from our clients we can. We make sure your legal rights are protected. We want our clients to receive fair and reasonable compensation for their injuries.
Call bicycle accident lawyer Chris Davis at Davis Law Group to schedule a FREE legal consultation. The call is free. The advice may be priceless. Call 206-727-4000.
Our firm is typically retained on a contingency fee basis. There is no fee until our bicycle accident attorneys successfully recover fair compensation for you.