Davis Law Group is a busy personal injury law practice located in downtown Seattle. Our internship program is designed to provide interested students with a hands-on experience in the legal industry. Because today's students may be tomorrow's leaders, or desire is to provide these individuals with a meaningful and educational experience. We have 2 or 3 internship positions each academic quarter.
Accepting applications now for the Fall 2015 Quarter.
This is NOT your average internship. Our interns are not sitting around chatting with the receptionist or fetching coffee for anyone (except themselves). Our interns work on personal injury tasks and support our legal staff of paralegals and legal assistants. We provide proper training and supervision so interns can work on actual cases.
Interns get the opportunity to work on a wide-range of projects and tasks, including: ordering police reports, submitting public records requests, preparing correspondence, performing file management duties, researching cases and case law, submitting medical and employment records requests; filing pleadings, interacting with clients, reviewing law enforcement, medical and employment records, drafting documents; and, other administrative tasks that provide practical, hands-on experience.
We expect you to treat this internship like a job, not a classroom, so there will be plenty of projects to keep you busy. Interns will gain invaluable experience in the real world. Outstanding interns may have the opportunity to be offered full-time work in our office after graduation or a strong letter of recommendation.
Applicant Skils & Abilities
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must be a self-motivated; goal-oriented fast-learner. (a "git-er-done" attitude)
- Must be very organized and systematic with excellent time management skills.
- Must be a warm, friendly, likable people-person.
- Must have outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Must have sound judgment, good moral character and the ability to keep confidential information secure.
- Must be a great problem solver.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Must have great attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment.
- All interns are paid and hourly wage. There are no other benefits provided for internship positions.
- All interns must be currently pursuing a paralegal certificate at an accredited college or university.
- Candidates will be required to submit proof of academic standing before final selections are made.
- The applicants must have reliable transportation.
- Final candidates for internship positions are required undergo a background check.
Intern Selection & Work Schedule
- Applications for 2015 Fall Quarter internship program are due by August 21st. Interviews will be conducted between August 24th and September 11th.
- Intern selection will be completed no later than September 18th.
- Fall interns may begin working the week of September 21st.
- Interns can work a maximum of 20 hours per week.
- Interns may work, as their class schedule will permit, Mondays thru Fridays between 9:00am and 5:00pm. Work schedule must be approved by intern supervisor.
- Fall internship ends November 20th.
How To Apply
- Send your cover letter and resume to jobs (at) injurytriallawyer.com.
- Include “Internship Application” in the subject line of the email.
- Only resumes in pdf format will be considered.
No phone calls or drop-ins please. No calls from employment agencies please.