Davis Law Group Will Award $2,000 in Scholarships to Aspiring Students in the Law & Justice Field
ATTENTION: The Entry Period For The 2015-16 Law & Justice Scholarship Program Has Ended. Good Luck To All Of The Nominees Who Have Entered! Please Check Back With Us For Future Scholarship Opportunities.
Davis Law Group, P.S. is proud to announce the 2015-16 Law & Justice Scholarship Contest, which will award a total of $2,000 in scholarships to three (3) individual aspiring students in the Law & Justice field.
- Law Enforcement;
- and other related careers in the Law & Justice field.
All applicant entries will be reviewed by our staff before being officially approved. Applicants will be notified via email if their application has officially been accepted. We will stop accepting new applications for the contest after 11:59 p.m. on Monday, September 7th, 2015. The winners will be selected based on two criteria: (1) Community Engagement & Support, and (2) an Essay Contest. Nominees must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 to be considered for the contest.
Stage 1: Community Engagement & Support
After a nominee is approved, the student will have until December 18th, 2015 to participate in the Community Engagement & Support portion of the contest. First, the nominee must share a link to their own nominee page on Facebook (the nominee page will be posted to Davis Law Group's official website after the nominee's application has been accepted). Second, the nominee should ask friends and family to support their efforts by clicking the Facebook "Like" button on the nominee's page.
All nominees will have from the moment their official nominee page is published on the Davis Law Group website until December 18th, 2015 to acquire as many "Likes" on their page as possible. Each Facebook "Like" for the nominee's page will count as one point toward the nominee's overall score, and there is no limit to the number of points from Facebook "Likes" that a nominee can earn. Any "Likes" acquired after the December 18th, 2015 deadline will not count toward the nominee's total number of "Likes."
Stage 2: Essay Contest
On January 4th, 2016, we will send an email to every approved nominee announcing the official topic for the Essay Contest portion of the scholarship program. The essays will be worth a total of 100 points. Our staff will judge each essay independently, and those scores will count toward the nominee. Nominees will have until April 22nd, 2016 to submit their final essays.
Winners will be selected by the end of the day on May 27th, 2016. The Grand Prize winner will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship, while the Runner-Up will be awarded a $500 scholarship. Winners will be contacted via email, then announced on the website shortly after the contest has concluded.
How to Apply or Nominate Someone Else
Fill out the form at the bottom of this page to submit an application for yourself or a deserving student you believe should be considered for the scholarship program. Please fill out all of the required fields in the form, and make sure you enter your contact information correctly. If you enter the wrong contact information, we may not be able to get in touch with you about your application.
If you have any other questions, concerns, or comments about the scholarship program please send an email to info(at)davislawgroupseattle.com with "Law & Justice Scholarship" in the subject line or send mail to:
Davis Law Group, P.S.
c/o Scholarship Department
2101 4th Ave Suite 1030
Seattle, WA 98121
List of 2015 Contestants:
- Jessica Torres, National American University
- Cheyenne Figueroa, Florida SouthWestern
- Kailey Compton, Regis University
- Ariel Gary, High Point University
- Maria Beaulieu, University of Maine at Orono
- Romana Messer, Mildred Elley
- Nevena Stojakovic, Florida International University
- Ebony Carr, Wiley College
- Luke Keogh, University of Houston
- Sandy Lao, Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Steven Carlton, University of North Alabama
- ShaQuia Jones, Bakersfield College
- Claire Siejkowski, University of New Haven
- Oscar Valentino, Southwestern College
- Courtney Gilbert, Lamar State College-Orange
- Michelle Rogers, University of Phoenix
- Elijah Villapiano, American University
- Shaniece Hayes, University of Phoenix
- Tenisha Williams, University of Phoenix
- Sabrina Scott, University of Phoenix
- Tiffany Pruitt, University of Phoenix
- Sophia Edwards, University of Phoenix
- Mahliya Montgomery, University of Phoenix
- Elizabeth Paden Ottinger, University of Phoenix
- Angela Wright, University of Phoenix
- Patricia Parejo, University of Houston
- Heather Assed, University of Texas at Austin
- Jordan Alexander, Bentley University
- Amanee Copeland, Shippensburg University
- Michael Myers, University of Phoenix
- Tameaka Brown, University of Phoenix
- Diamante Sharpe, Florida International University
- Aaliyah Jackson, Wayne County Community College
- Jeffrey Rochester, University of Phoenix
- Danielle Smith, Miami Dade College
- YiMei Kerr, Southwestern Oregon Community College
- Xia Murphy, Moraine Valley Community College
- Tamara Franklin, University of North Texas
- Jacob Evrett, Florida State University
- Deidra Rogers, University of South Florida
- Lorena Lechuga, Lewis University
- Jose Linares, Austin Peay State University
- Taylor Allen, Temple University
- Joy Griffin, Morgan State University
- Navjyot Gill, UC Berkeley
- Jessymarie Ocana, Rio Hondo College
- Sarah Chadwick, The George Washington University
- Stephanie Feliciano, John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- Luis Zavala, Western Illinois University
- Keyadrianne McDuffie, Marshall University
- Sean Lambert, University of Phoenix
- Gabriela Gonzalez, University of the Pacific
- Danielle Cedillo, John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- Kiara Ohlde, Fresno City College
- Oscar Ramirez-Aroyo, Argosy University
- Carly Clay, Winona State University
- Armando River Jr., Univeristy of Phoenix
- Osiris Vazquez, University of Tennessee at Knoxville
- Reachelle Ramirez, John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- Scott Mendoza, Wayland Baptist University
- Allison Knight, George Mason University
- Octavia Blacksher, University of Phoenix
- Sandra Carlo, Wichita State University
- Cecilia Brazil, Grand Canyon University
- Marsha McDaniel, University of Phoenix
- Alexis Williams, University of Phoenix
- Nicayra Toribio, LaGuardia Community College
- Josephine Faruggia, University of Phoenix
- Vanessa Quintanilla, Sam Houston State University
- Lorrayne De Oliveira Sales, Valencia College
- Jackalon Thompson, University of Phoenix
- Alexis Raines, Virginia State University
- Jessica Medeiros, University of Phoenix
- Shawn Pierre, Morehouse College
- Willow Mikaela Bate, East Carolina University
- Ashley Nash, Troy University
- Kayelean Gamble, Ivy Tech Community College
- Timberlynn Miller, Coppin State University
- Amber Jackson, University of Phoenix
- Rielle Griggs, Johnson & Wales University
- Elizabeth Morales, University of Phoenix
- Katherine Fuller, Brenau University
- Terri Smith, University of Phoenix
- Gladys Rivera-Martinez, John Jay College
- Lina Ruth Duiker, Penn State
- Mary Montgomery, University of Phoenix
- Nicholas Corbitt, Arizona State University
- Nicole Michelle Meyer, Oregon State University
- Charles Chakkalo, Hunter College
- Adam Ifargan, University of Central Florida
Rules & Disclaimer
- Davis Law Group will award a $1,000 scholarship to one Grand Prize winner and two $500 scholarships to two Runners-Up winners.
- Students must be official United States citizens and be currently attending or have been previously accepted and registered to attend an accredited college or university in the United States and be pursuing a degree in the Law & Justice field to be eligible for this contest. Davis Law Group reserves the right to determine what constitutes an eligible degree in the field of Law & Justice.
- Davis Law Group may request proof of enrollment in an accredited educational institution to confirm eligibility.
- Nominees must "Like" the official Davis Law Group, P.S. Facebook page.
- By submitting an application for this scholarship, the applicant gives Davis Law Group permission to use their name, school, and essay in any marketing-related publications.
- Davis Law Group's scholarship staff will use a level points system to evaluate each nominee and reserves the right to disqualify anyone who violates the terms and conditions of the program.
- Nominee must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 to be considered for this scholarship. Davis Law Group may request proof of the nominee's GPA.