In March 2002 at approximately 8:15 p.m., WI was operating his vehicle Westbound on 45th Street in the University District of Seattle, Washington. WI had just crossed Roosevelt Avenue when he was suddenly struck from behind by SA, who was driving a Ford Escort. SA slammed his vehicle into WI’s 2000 Chevrolet Caviler.
Washington law provides that the following driver has the duty to avoid a collision with the driver in front. See Washington Pattern Jury Instruction (WPI) 70.04. SA was negligent when he slammed into the back of WI's vehicle.
- Cervico lumbar sprain.
- Thoracaco lumbar sprain.
- Acute/chronic cervical dorsal strain.
- Right C5 radiculopathy.
- Herniated nucleus puposus C5-6 to the right.
- Herniated nucleus pulpous C6-7 to the left.
- Spinal stenosis C4-5, secondary to central disc herniation.
- Chronic cervicalgia, secondary to MVA.
- Bulged cervical discs with chronic neck pain.
- Intermittent right arm paresthesias.
To help him submit a claim to State Farm Insurance, WI hired Seattle car accident attorney Chris Davis. Mr. Davis is the founder and principal attorney at the Davis Law Group, and has had substantial success acquiring fair and reasonable financial compensation for his clients.