Accident Report: SR 202 4-Car Chain Reaction Accident
Massive damage was done to the front and back S.B.’s 1997 Honda. The hood was folded in half; the rear bumper pushed into the trunk compartment/back seat.
Upon impact, S.B.’s body was forcefully jolted and tossed around the inside of the vehicle. Her head was violently whipped forward and then snapped backwards in a whip-like motion, bluntly striking against the headrest. In addition, S.B.’s body was slammed against the restraint of her seat belt.
C.V. was negligent when he failed to maintain a safe traveling speed for the conditions and watch out for traffic ahead. As a direct result, S.B. sustained injuries to her neck, shoulder, back, and associated body structures. A summary of her injuries and treatment are outlined below.
• Cervical strain/sprain and spinal subluxations with tenderness, pain, muscle spasms, and limited range of motion. Whiplash injury resulting in acceleration of spinal disc disease and ligamentous instability.
• Back strain/sprain and spinal subluxations with tenderness, pain, muscle spasms, and limited range of motion (thoracic regions). Resultant acceleration of spinal disc disease and ligamentous instability.
• Shoulder contusion with pain, tenderness, muscle spasm, and limited range of motion.
• Chest pain and contusion with tenderness and discomfort (from hitting steering wheel)
• Wrist (left) sprain with pain, tenderness and limited range of motion
• Leg contusion (right) with pain and tenderness
• Sleep disturbances/fatigue
S.B. hired Seattle accident attorney Chris Davis the Davis Law Group to manage the insurance claim, settlement negotiations with SAFECO Insurance, etc.
*Initials rather than names are used to protect the identity of the parties.