Worldwide Car Accident Statistics
According to the World Health Organization, about 3000 people die in car accidents each day worldwide.
Car Accident Statistics in the United States
There were approximately 10.8 million car accidents in the US in 2010, resulting in millions of car accident injury cases and more than 31,000 car accident deaths. An average of 115 people die each day in car accidents in the United States. That's one every 13 minutes.
How many people are injured or die in car accidents in Washington State?
Each year there are almost 100,000 motor vehicle accidents in Washington State. One-third of those collisions result in injuries. Victims of the most serious accidents may die or face lasting injuries.
In 2012, drivers in Washington State were involved in:
- 99,560 motor vehicle accidents;
- 403 fatal car crashes;
- 18,871 serious injury collisions;
- 59,585 accidents where the drivers was injured;
- 28,500 injured passengers occupants;
- 2,038 pedestrians and 1,269 bicyclists were involved in collisions;
- 428 deaths;
- and 2,200 serious injury victims.