One injured in Clearview accident
Motor vehicle collision cause unknown
Highway 9 was closed temporarily
Date: June 21, 2011, 06/21/2011
Location: Clearview, Snohomish County, Washington
Type: Motorcycle accident, Motor vehicle collision
Outcome: One injured
A Washington State Patrol motorcycle trooper was injured in a collision near Clearview on Tuesday.
Around 4:30 p.m. 41-year-old Lance Ramsay was driving behind a minivan on Highway 9 near 172nd Street Southeast. Ramsay struck the minivan when it stopped to make a left turn.
Ramsay suffered various injuries including a head laceration and was taken to Providence Hospital and later transferred to Harborview Medical Center.The driver of the van was uninjured.
The collision is still under investigation.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- The failure of motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the predominating cause of motorcycle accidents. The driver of the other vehicle involved in collision with the motorcycle did not see the motorcycle before the collision, or did not see the motorcycle until too late to avoid the collision.
- Fifty-five percent of all reported fatal motorcycle crashes occurring nationally in 1998 involved multiple vehicle crashes and 45% occurred in single-vehicle crashes.
- Five crash types account for 86% of fatal motorcycle crashes: motorcycle runs-off-road 41%, motorcycle or other vehicle runs traffic control 18%, head-on collision 11%, car turns in front of cycle 8% and motorcycle goes down in roadway 7%.
- Forty-five percent of deaths in single-vehicle motorcycle crashes in 1998 included drivers with blood alcohol concentration at or above 0.10%.
- Nine out of 10 motorcycle deaths in 1998 were males. Seventy-seven percent of the females who died in a motorcycle crash were passengers and 98% of males who died were drivers.
Seattle Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle drivers are often exposed to situations in which there is a possibility serious injuries from a motorcycle accident. If you have been in a motorcycle accident in Washington State, you may be facing severe injuries, physical pain, emotional distress, and financial hardships you may need the help of a Washington motorcycle accident attorney.If you or a family member has suffered as the result of a car accident, Seattle car accident attorney Chris Davis and the Davis Law Group, P.S. can help you. We understand the devastation that can occur as a result of being in a serious auto accident. We are committed to helping car accident, trucking accident, and motorcycle accident victims recover the just and fair compensation they are entitled to receive under the law.