Wenatchee Toddler Injured After Swallowing Lithium Battery

Date: June 10, 2010
Location: Wenatchee, Chelan County, Washington
Type: Injuries to Minors & Children

A Wenatchee 14-month-old toddler swallowed a lithium battery last month that burned a hole in his esophagus before the problem was discovered recently.

When the toddler was first taken to the hospital, the doctors thought it was a coin, but when it was surgically removed on May 19th the doctor noticed it had started to corrode.

The young boy was later taken to Children’s Hospital in Seattle where doctors discovered a hole in the toddlers esophagus. He is currently being treated and is expected to make a full recovery.

Seattle Child Accident Attorneys

Everyone at the Seattle child accident law firm of Davis Law Group sends our thoughts and prayers to the young child in the hospital. This devastating accident should have never happened. This is an example of a child accident case in which the family of the child may be able to seek financial damagies from the company who manufactured the lithium battery. This family would be well advised to seek the assistance of an experienced and skilled child accident attorney.

Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment