Two injured in Richland car accident
Motor vehicle collision caused by sudden lane change
Date: April 10, 2011, 04/10/2011
Location: Richland, Benton County, Washington
Type: Car accident, Motor vehicle collision
Outcome: Two injured
Two people were injured in a one-car crash near Richland on Sunday afternoon.
Around 12:30 p.m. while 21-year-old Talon Lee Yager was driving on Bypass Highway 240, a silver Ford Explorer changed lanes suddenly, forcing him off the road and into a concrete barrier. The Ford continued without stopping.
Yager was treated at the scene of the accident but his passenger 17-year-old Tiffani Kara Mathes was takent o kadlec Regional Medical Center.
The at-fault driver did not stop and Washington State Patrol is still investigating the crash.
Richland Fatal Accident Statistics for 2009
Fatal accident count: 1
Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 2
Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 0
Persons involved in fatal accidents: 6
Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 0
National Car Accident Statistics
- There were more than 5.5 million car accidents in the United States. Nearly 31,000 were fatal, and more than 2 million people were injured.
- The majority of fatal crashes involved only one vehicle (61 percent).
- Nearly half of all fatal crashes occurred on roads with posted speed limits of 55 mph or higher.
- In 2009, a total of 23,382 passenger vehicle occupants were killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes. Out of those 23,382 occupants killed, restraint use was unknown for 1,730 (7%).
- Of the 21,652 passenger vehicle occupants fatalities for which restraint use was known, 11,512 (53%) were unrestrained.
Vehicle or pedestrian right-of-way
"Vehicle or pedestrian right-of-way" means the right of one vehicle or pedestrian to proceed in a lawful manner in preference to another vehicle or pedestrian approaching under such circumstances of direction, speed, and proximity as to give rise to danger of collision unless one grants precedence to the other. See RCW 46.04.672 for more information.
Seattle Car Accident Victim Attorneys
If you or a family member has suffered as the result of a car accident, Seattle car accident attorney Chris Davis and the Davis Law Group, P.S. can help you. We understand the devastation that can occur as a result of being in a serious auto accident. We are committed to helping car accident, trucking accident, and motorcycle accident victims recover the just and fair compensation they are entitled to receive under the law.