One injured in Easton car accident
One-car collision caused by speeding
Date: January 10, 2011, 01/10/2011
Location: Easton, Kittitas County, Washington
Type: Car accident, Motor Vehicle Collision
Outcome: One injured
A 17-year-old from British Columbia was involved in a one-car collision while driving on Interstate 90 near Easton on Monday evening when he was speeding too fast for conditions, lost control, hit a snowbank and rolled once before coming to a stop.
The teen was taken to Kittitas Valley Hospital in Ellensburg then transferred to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. The hospital has declined to report about his condition. Two other motorists struck his car during the crash but no one else was injured.
National Car Accident Statistics
Males continue to be involved in the majority of traffic collisions—representing 69.1% of fatalities from 1997-2006. This difference is most prominent in the 21-30 age group, where they comprise 78.3% of the total.
Washington State Basic Speeding Law
The driver of every vehicle shall drive at an appropriate reduced speed when approaching and crossing an intersection or railway grade crossing, when approaching and going around a curve, when approaching a hill crest, when traveling upon any narrow or winding roadway, and when special hazard exists with respect to pedestrians or other traffic or by reason of weather or highway conditions.
Winter Driving Tips from WSDOT
- Drive for conditions – slower speeds, slower acceleration, slower steering, and slower braking in winter conditions.
- Use your headlights and don’t use cruise control.
- Four and all-wheel drive vehicles will not stop or steer better in icy conditions.
- Leave extra room between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you. And remember, big trucks take longer to stop.
- Slow down when approaching intersections, off-ramps, bridges, or shady spots.
- Brush the snow off your vehicle, especially your lights, before you drive. It makes you more visible plus snow and ice flying off a vehicle can be dangerous to other drivers.
Seattle Car Accident Lawyers
If you or a family member has suffered as the result of a car accident, Seattle car accident attorney Chris Davis and the Davis Law Group, P.S. can help you. We understand the devastation that can occur as a result of being in a serious auto accident. We are committed to helping car accident, trucking accident, and motorcycle accident victims recover the just and fair compensation they are entitled to receive under the law.
View Larger Map