Spoke & Food Promotes Seattle Bicycle Use
The annual Spoke & Food fundraising event invited Seattle residents to leave their cars at home and ride bikes to different restaurants in the area. The participating restaurants donated 20 percent of their daily revenue to Children’s Garden Program.
In addition to the 20 percent donated from each restaurant, Spoke & Food volunteers were at each location accepting donations for the Children’s Garden program. The program teaches children to care for themselves and other living things through gardening activities.
Before the event, Spoke & Food had some great objectives for the event.
“Our top-level goal is to influence the culture of Seattle,” according to the Spoke & Food website. “Our hope is that by launching this event, we will prompt people to use their bicycle more to transport themselves to and from the multiple daily events and activities that they normally drive to.”
The restaurants that participated in the event were:
• Snoose Junction in Ballard
• Barking Dog Alehouse in Ballard
• The Lookout in Capitol Hill
• Madrona Eatery & Ale House in the Central District
• Judy Fu’s Snappy Dragon in North Seattle
• Stumbling Goat Bistro in Greenwood-Phinney
• Via Tribunali in Queen Anne
• The Scarlet Tree in Green Lake
• Chaco Canyon Organic Café in the U-District
• Julia’s in Wallingford
• Proletariat Pizza in White Center
• Chaco Canyon Organic Café in West Seattle
Davis Law Group encourages you to always be safe and wear a helmet!