One dead in Toppenish accident
Pedestrian collision cause unknown
Date: August 13, 2011, 08/13/2011
Location: Toppenish, Yakima County, Washington
Type: Pedestrian accident, Motor vehicle collision
Outcome: One dead
One person was killed in a pedestrian accident near Toppenish on Saturday.
Around midnight, while driving westbound on State Route 22 approaching Division Road 63-year-old Bias Cantu struck 30-year-old Alejandro Cabrera.
Cabrera died at the scene. Cantu was not injured.
No charges have yet been filed and it is unclear whether alcohol or drugs were involved in the collision.
Toppenish Fatal Accident Statistics for 2007
- Fatal accident count: 1
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 1
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 0
- Fatalities: 1
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 0
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 0
Pedestrian Accident Statistics
- Pedestrian Deaths in 1995: 5,584
- Pedestrian Deaths in 2005: 4,881 (NHTSA Traffic Safety Facts)
- Pedestrian Injuries in 1995: 86,000 (NHTSA Traffic Safety Facts)
- Pedestrian Injuries in 2005: 64,000 (NHTSA Traffic Safety Facts)
- According to the National SAFEKIDS Campaign, more than 46,000 children are injured each year in pedestrian accidents
- The total cost of pedestrian death and injury among children ages 14 and younger is $5.2 billion per year (Safe Kids Worldwide).
- 70 percent of pedestrian killed in 2005 were males.
- Almost three out of every four pedestrian fatalities occur in urban areas (74 percent).
- The top four states for pedestrian fatalities are California, Florida, Texas, and New York. These four states make up 42 percent of pedestrian fatalities nationwide while only accounting for 29 percent of the total traffic fatalities across the country.
- Nearly half (48 percent) of pedestrian fatalities occur on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
Seattle Wrongful Death Attorneys
Chris Davis and everyone at the Davis Law Group sends out their heartfelt condolences for the family and friends of Alejandro Cabrera and hope they can find a knowledgeable wrongful death lawyer that will help settle their case and get them the compensation they deserve for suffering such a tragic loss. If you or a family member has suffered as the result of a car accident Seattle car accident attorney Chris Davis and the Davis Law Group, P.S. can help you. We understand the devastation that can occur as a result of being in a serious auto accident. We are committed to helping car accident, trucking accident, and motorcycle accident victims recover the just and fair compensation they are entitled to receive under the law.