None injured in Bellevue semi truck accident
Semi truck collision caused by speeding
Interstate 405 blocked for hours
Date: March 29, 2011, 03/29/2011
Location: Bellevue, King County, Washington
Type: Semi truck accident
Outcome: None injured
On Tuesday morning, an overturned lumber truck blocked Interstate 405 in Bellevue.
Both north and southbound lanes of Interstate 405 near the Interstate 90 on-ramp in Bellevue was blocked for hours after a lumber truck overturned and spilled its load. The driver was not injured.
Washington State Patrol reported that the cause of the accident was speeding.
Bellevue Fatal Accident Statistics for 2009
Fatal accident count: 1
Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 1
Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 1
Persons involved in fatal accidents: 1
Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 0
Causes of Semi Truck & Tractor Trailer Truck Accidents
1. Driver Fatigue
2. Substance Abuse
4. Failure to adhere to the rules of the road
5. Failure to properly maintain trucks
6. Improperly loaded trucks or cargo shifting
7. Under-inflated tires
Semi Truck Accident Statistics
- In 2003, there were 58,512 total vehicle accidents involved in fatal crashes in the U.S.
- 4,669 were large trucks involved in fatal truck accidents. Large trucks are more likely to be involved in a fatal multi-vehicle crash than are passenger vehicles.
- Most fatal truck accidents occurred in rural areas (68 percent) during the daytime (66 percent) and on weekdays (78 percent).
- Only 1 percent of fatal truck accidents were DUI-related on the part of the truck driver compared to other types of fatal crashes.
- About 27 percent of all large truck drivers involved in fatal truck accidents had at least one prior speeding conviction compared to 19 percent of the passenger vehicle drivers involved in fatal vehicle accidents.
Washington State Speeding Law
No person shall drive a vehicle on a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions and having regard to the actual and potential hazards then existing. In every event speed shall be so controlled as may be necessary to avoid colliding with any person, vehicle or other conveyance on or entering the highway in compliance with legal requirements and the duty of all persons to use due care.
Seattle Semi Truck Accident Attorneys
Seriously injured in a semi truck accident in Washington state? Want to know if you have a legal case? Want to know what your trucking accident case is worth? Want compensation for your injuries? Want justice for your loved ones? Want to make sure the same thing doesn’t happen to someone else? You need the help of semi truck accident attorneys. Chris Davis of the Davis Law Group represents seriously injured victims, and the families of those fatally injured in tractor trailer accidents in Washington state.