One injured in La Center collision
Motorcycle collision caused by failure to yield
Date: July 5, 2011
Location: La Center, Clark County, Washington
Type: Motorcycle accident, Motor vehicle collision
Outcome: One injured
One person was injured in a motorcycle accident near La Center on Tuesday afternoon.
While riding his motorcycle south on State Route 503, 58-year-old Raymond Turney was struck by northbound 60-year-old Susan Curry when she attempted to make a left turn onto 269th Street.
Turney was taken to an area hospital with a broken left hip and right arm. Curry was uninjured.
Washington State Patrol is investigating the incident and cited Curry for failing to yield the right of way.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- The failure of motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the predominating cause of motorcycle accidents. The driver of the other vehicle involved in collision with the motorcycle did not see the motorcycle before the collision, or did not see the motorcycle until too late to avoid the collision.
- Fifty-five percent of all reported fatal motorcycle crashes occurring nationally in 1998 involved multiple vehicle crashes and 45% occurred in single-vehicle crashes.
- Five crash types account for 86% of fatal motorcycle crashes: motorcycle runs-off-road 41%, motorcycle or other vehicle runs traffic control 18%, head-on collision 11%, car turns in front of cycle 8% and motorcycle goes down in roadway 7%.
- Forty-five percent of deaths in single-vehicle motorcycle crashes in 1998 included drivers with blood alcohol concentration at or above 0.10%.
- Nine out of 10 motorcycle deaths in 1998 were males. Seventy-seven percent of the females who died in a motorcycle crash were passengers and 98% of males who died were drivers.
Seattle Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle drivers are often exposed to situations in which there is a possibility serious injuries from a motorcycle accident. If you have been in a motorcycle accident in Washington State, you may be facing severe injuries, physical pain, emotional distress, and financial hardships you may need the help of a Washington motorcycle accident attorney. Chris Davis and the Washington motorcycle accident attorneys at Davis Law Group are experienced in helping injured motorcyclists in Washington obtain fair compensation for their losses. Our Washington based motorcycle lawyers can assist you in all aspects of your case including: questions about motorcycle repair or replacement, dealing with insurance adjustors, making sure your medical bills are paid, documenting your lost work and wages, and obtaining a fair settlement.