- One injured in Kendall accident
- Logging Truck Accident caused by speeding
- Kendall Road blocked for two hours
Date: August 9, 2011, 08/09/2011
Location: Kendall, Whatcom County, Washington
Type: Logging Truck Accident
Outcome: One injured
One person was injured in a logging accident near Kendall on Tuesday morning.
While headed southbound on Kendall Road around 11 a.m., a logging truck took a left turn too fast causing it to tilt and crash onto its right side.
The driver, whose name was not released, suffered injuries to his face and was taken to local hospital.
No other vehicles were involved and traffic was blocked for two hours while the logs were cleared from the road. Washington State Patrol is unclear whether the driver will be cited.
There are many causes for semi truck accidents but some of the most common causes are:
1. Driver Fatigue
2. Substance Abuse
4. Failure to adhere to the rules of the road
5. Failure to properly maintain trucks
6. Improperly loaded trucks or cargo shifting
7. Under-inflated tires