Date: October 10, 2011, 10/10/2011
Location: Gorst, Kitsap County, Washington
Outcome: One injured
One person was injured in collision near Gorst on Monday evening.
Around 4:30 pm, a 50-year-old woman was headed southbound on Highway 3 near Sam Chistopherson Road when she was rear-ended by a truck when she slowed to make a turn.
The woman was taken to a Naval Hospital for treatment, she was wearing a seat belt.
The truck driver, a 42-year-old man, was cited by Washington State Patrol for following too closely.
National Car Accident Statistics
- There were more than 5.5 million car accidents in the United States.
- Nearly 31,000 were fatal, and more than 2 million people were injured.
- The majority of fatal crashes involved only one vehicle (61 percent).
- Nearly half of all fatal crashes occurred on roads with posted speed limits of 55 mph or higher.
- The deadliest month for car crashes was August.
- More than 2,864 fatal crashes occurred in 2009.
- Most crashes happened between 5 and 5:59 p.m. on weekdays, and between 2 and 2:59 a.m. on weekends.
- Motor vehicle crashes were the leading cause of death for children and teenagers.
- At any given moment, 812,000 vehicles were being driven by someone using a handheld cell phone in the U.S. Averages of four children ages 14 and under were killed every day in auto accidents.
- Nearly 500 were injured daily.
- 32 percent of fatal accidents involved alcohol-impaired drivers.
- About 31 percent of fatalities were caused by speeding (10,591).
Seattle Car Accident Attorneys
A motor vehicle accident is when a road vehicle collides with another vehicle, pedestrian, road debris, or man-made object. These collisions can result in personal injury, property damage, or death. Motor vehicle accidents can involve automobiles, trucks, semi or tractor trailer trucks, delivery vehicles, passenger vans, motorcycles, etc. Contributing factors in traffic accidents can be vehicle design, speed of operation, road design, driver distraction (texting or talking on a cell phone while driving), and driver impairment (drunk driving). If you or a family member has suffered as the result of a car accident in Washington state, Seattle motor vehicle accident attorney
Chris Davis and the Davis Law Group, P.S. can help you. We are committed to helping car accident, trucking accident, DUI accident, and motorcycle accident victims recover the just and fair compensation they are entitled to receive under the law.