Date: September 15, 2011, 09/15/2011
Location: Moses Lake, Grant County, Washington
Type: Motor vehicle collision
Outcome: One injured
One person was injured in a five-car collision near Moses Lake on Thursday evening.
Around 3 p.m. a tractor-truck driven by a 43-year-old man crashed into a pickup truck, causing a chain reaction of rear-end collisions on Interstate 90.
The only reported injurt was a 64-year-old woman, who was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center.
Washington State Patrol reported that the brush fire was contained to the median and near the westbound lanes before it was brought under control around 8:30 p.m. The freeway was reopened to traffic around 11 p.m.
Moses Lake Fatal Accident Statistics for 2009
- Fatal accident count: 2
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 3
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 1
- Fatalities: 2
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 4
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 1
National Car Accident Statistics
- There were more than 5.5 million car accidents in the United States.
- Nearly 31,000 were fatal, and more than 2 million people were injured.
- The majority of fatal crashes involved only one vehicle (61 percent).
- Nearly half of all fatal crashes occurred on roads with posted speed limits of 55 mph or higher.
- The deadliest month for car crashes was August.
- More than 2,864 fatal crashes occurred in 2009.
- Most crashes happened between 5 and 5:59 p.m. on weekdays, and between 2 and 2:59 a.m. on weekends.
- Motor vehicle crashes were the leading cause of death for children and teenagers.
- At any given moment, 812,000 vehicles were being driven by someone using a handheld cell phone in the U.S. Averages of four children ages 14 and under were killed every day in auto accidents.
- Nearly 500 were injured daily.
- 32 percent of fatal accidents involved alcohol-impaired drivers.
- About 31 percent of fatalities were caused by speeding (10,591).
Seattle Car Accident AttorneysA motor vehicle accident is when a road vehicle collides with another vehicle, pedestrian, road debris, or man-made object. These collisions can result in personal injury, property damage, or death. Motor vehicle accidents can involve automobiles, trucks, semi or tractor trailer trucks, delivery vehicles, passenger vans, motorcycles, etc. If you or a family member has suffered as the result of a car accident in Washington state, Seattle motor vehicle accident attorney Chris Davis and the Davis Law Group, P.S. can help you. We are committed to helping car accident, trucking accident, DUI accident, and motorcycle accident victims recover the just and fair compensation they are entitled to receive under the law.