Date: October 10, 2011, 10/10/2011
Location: Winlock, Lewis County, Washington
Outcome: One dead
A woman was killed in a collision near Winlock on Monday afternoon.
Around 1 p.m. a 92-year-old woman was driving southbound on Highway 603 when she lost control of the vehicle and struck an embankment, a power pole, then a tree, rolling several times.
The woman needed to be extracted from her vehicle by a rescue team before being airlifted to Harborview Medical Center with chest injuries. She died at the hospital a few hours later.
The Lewis County Sheriff's Office closed down the Highway for an hour while the crash scene was investigated. There has been no reports as to the cause of the accident.
Car Crash Statistics Based on Age (according to Autos.com)
- * Teens = Highest Risk Group: For every mile driven, teens between the ages of 16 and 19 are four times as likely to be involved in a car crash
- * Teenage Car Fatalities: 5,000 teens in the 16 to 20 age group die each year as a result of a car crash
- * Teenage Car Injuries: 400,000 teens in the same age group are injured each year in car accidents
- * Disproportionate Population / Fatality Ratio: Teens make up 10% of the population but represent 12% of car crash fatalities
- * Cost: 30% or $26 billion per year in costs are accounted for by drivers under the age of 24
- * Driving Habits: Teenagers are more likely to speed, tailgate and only 10% report wearing seat belts
- * Teen Male Drivers: Of male drivers ages 15 to 20 killed in car crashes, 38% were speeding and 24% were under the influence of alcohol
- * High Risk Age Groups: People between the ages of 15 and 24 and over 75 are the groups most likely affected by car accidents
- * Senior Drivers: Drivers over the age of 65 are second most likely to die in a car crash
- * Safety Disparity: Despite the fact that older drivers are on average slower, safer drivers, they are more likely to die in a car accident than younger drivers
Seattle Wrongful Death Attorneys
Chris Davis and everyone at the Davis Law Group sends out their heartfelt condolences for the family and friends of the woman who was killed in this terrible accident and hope they can find a knowledgeable wrongful death lawyer
that will help settle their case and get them the compensation they deserve for suffering such a tragic loss. If you or a family member has suffered as the result of a car accident Seattle car accident attorney Chris Davis and the Davis Law Group, P.S. can help you. We understand the devastation that can occur as a result of being in a serious auto accident. We are committed to helping car accident, trucking accident, and motorcycle accident victims recover the just and fair compensation they are entitled to receive under the law.