One dead in motorcycle collision near Okanogan
One dead, one injured in Okanogan accident
Motorcycle collision caused by failure to negotiate curve
Date: June 20, 2011, 06/20/2011
Location: Okanogan, Okanogan County, Washington
Type: Motorcycle accident, Motor vehicle collision
Outcome: One dead, one injured
One person was killed and another injured in a motorcycle collision near Okanogan.
On Sunday afternoon, 47-year-old Kenneth Murray was driving on Highway 20 when he failed to negotiate a curve and struck a tree. Murray and his passenger, 55-year-old Lorna Murray, were taken to Omak hospital where she later died.
Washington State Patrol is investigating the accident, and there was no further information reported.
Okanogan Fatal Accident Statistics
Fatal accident count: 2
Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 2
Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 2
Persons involved in fatal accidents: 7
Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 1
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
• The failure of motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the predominating cause of motorcycle accidents. The driver of the other vehicle involved in collision with the motorcycle did not see the motorcycle before the collision, or did not see the motorcycle until too late to avoid the collision.
• Fifty-five percent of all reported fatal motorcycle crashes occurring nationally in 1998 involved multiple vehicle crashes and 45% occurred in single-vehicle crashes.
• Five crash types account for 86% of fatal motorcycle crashes: motorcycle runs-off-road 41%, motorcycle or other vehicle runs traffic control 18%, head-on collision 11%, car turns in front of cycle 8% and motorcycle goes down in roadway 7%.
• Forty-five percent of deaths in single-vehicle motorcycle crashes in 1998 included drivers with blood alcohol concentration at or above 0.10%.
• Nine out of 10 motorcycle deaths in 1998 were males. Seventy-seven percent of the females who died in a motorcycle crash were passengers and 98% of males who died were drivers.
Seattle Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Chris Davis and everyone at the Davis Law Group sends out their heartfelt condolences for the family and friends of Lorna Murray and hope they can find a knowledgeable wrongful death lawyer that will help settle their case and get them the compensation they deserve for suffering such a tragic loss. If you or a family member has suffered as the result of a car accident, Seattle car accident attorney Chris Davis and the Davis Law Group, P.S. can help you. We understand the devastation that can occur as a result of being in a serious auto accident. We are committed to helping car accident, trucking accident, and motorcycle accident victims recover the just and fair compensation they are entitled to receive under the law.