One dead in Mazama accident
Motorcycle accident caused by loss of control
Date: June 8, 2011, 06/08/2011
Location: Mazama, Okanogan County, Washington
Type: Motorcycle accident, Motor vehicle collision
Outcome: One dead
One person was killed in a motorcycle accident near Mazama on Wednesday.
Around 1:30 p.m. 59-year-old David L. Carroll was driving his motorcycle on Highway 20 in Methow Valley when he failed to negotiate a curve and struck a guardrail.
Carroll was thrown and pronounced dead at the scene, according to reports from Washington State Patrol he was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- The failure of motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the predominating cause of motorcycle accidents. The driver of the other vehicle involved in collision with the motorcycle did not see the motorcycle before the collision, or did not see the motorcycle until too late to avoid the collision.
- Fifty-five percent of all reported fatal motorcycle crashes occurring nationally in 1998 involved multiple vehicle crashes and 45% occurred in single-vehicle crashes.
- Five crash types account for 86% of fatal motorcycle crashes: motorcycle runs-off-road 41%, motorcycle or other vehicle runs traffic control 18%, head-on collision 11%, car turns in front of cycle 8% and motorcycle goes down in roadway 7%.
- Forty-five percent of deaths in single-vehicle motorcycle crashes in 1998 included drivers with blood alcohol concentration at or above 0.10%.
- Nine out of 10 motorcycle deaths in 1998 were males. Seventy-seven percent of the females who died in a motorcycle crash were passengers and 98% of males who died were drivers.
Seattle Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Chris Davis and everyone at the Davis Law Group sends out their heartfelt condolences for the family and friends of David L. Carroll and hope they can find a knowledgeable wrongful death lawyer that will help settle their case and get them the compensation they deserve for suffering such a tragic loss. Motorcycle drivers are often exposed to situations in which there is a possibility serious injuries from a motorcycle accident. If you have been in a motorcycle accident in Washington State, you may be facing severe injuries, physical pain, emotional distress, and financial hardships; Seattle motorcycle accident attorney Chris Davis and the Davis Law Group, P.S. can help you. We understand the devastation that can occur as a result of being in a serious auto accident. We are committed to helping accident victims recover the just and fair compensation they are entitled to receive under the law.