Date: October 10, 2011, 10/10/2011
Location: Seattle, King County, Washington
Outcome: One injured
A motorcyclist was injured in a collision in Seattle on Monday afternoon.
Around 2:30 p.m. a motorcyclist was stopped at a traffic light on Pike Street. When the light turned green, a Ride-the-Duck tourist vehicle that was behind the motorcycle moved forward into the intersection, hitting the motorcyclist and dragging him under the vehicle.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 50's, was taken to Harborview Medical Center with serious injuries.
No tickets have yet been issued because Seattle Police Department is still investigating the cause of the accident.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- The failure of motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the predominating cause of motorcycle accidents. The driver of the other vehicle involved in collision with the motorcycle did not see the motorcycle before the collision, or did not see the motorcycle until too late to avoid the collision.
- Fifty-five percent of all reported fatal motorcycle crashes occurring nationally in 1998 involved multiple vehicle crashes and 45% occurred in single-vehicle crashes.
- Five crash types account for 86% of fatal motorcycle crashes: motorcycle runs-off-road 41%, motorcycle or other vehicle runs traffic control 18%, head-on collision 11%, car turns in front of cycle 8% and motorcycle goes down in roadway 7%.
- Forty-five percent of deaths in single-vehicle motorcycle crashes in 1998 included drivers with blood alcohol concentration at or above 0.10%.
- Nine out of 10 motorcycle deaths in 1998 were males. Seventy-seven percent of the females who died in a motorcycle crash were passengers and 98% of males who died were drivers.
Seattle Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle drivers are often exposed to situations in which there is a possibility serious injuries from a motorcycle accident. If you have been in a motorcycle accident in Washington State, you may be facing severe injuries, physical pain, emotional distress, and financial hardships you may need the help of a Washington motorcycle accident attorney
. Chris Davis and the Washington motorcycle accident attorneys at Davis Law Group are experienced in helping injured motorcyclists in Washington obtain fair compensation for their losses. Our Washington based motorcycle lawyers can assist you in all aspects of your case including: questions about motorcycle repair or replacement, dealing with insurance adjustors, making sure your medical bills are paid, documenting your lost work and wages, and obtaining a fair settlement.