One dead in West Seattle motorcycle accident
Motor vehicle collision caused by faulty left turn
Date: April 13, 2011, 04/13/2011
Location: West Seattle, King County, Washington
Type: Motorcycle accident, Motor vehicle collision
Outcome: One dead
A man was killed in a motorcycle accident in West Seattle on Wednesday night.
Around 9:30 p.m. at 35th Avenue South and South Juneau Street in West Seattle, a man hit a vehicle with his motorcycle while trying to make a left turn. He was thrown from his motorcycle and suffered head injuries.
He was taken to Harborview Medical Center where he later died. No other injuries were reported. The accident is being handled by Seattle Police.
Fatal Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- The U.S. Department of Transportation indicate that a motorcyclist is 16 times more likely to be killed in an accident than an occupant of an automobile.
- Although motorcycles represent only 3% of all registered vehicles in the United States, motorcyclists accounted for 13% of total traffic fatalities in 2007.
- the fatality rate for both motorcycle operators and passengers is 5.5 times higher than that for passenger car occupants.
- Motorcyclists are about 35 times more likely to die in a car crash than people traveling in passenger cars.
- In 2007 50% of all fatal motorcycle crashes involved collisions with another type of motor vehicle in transport.
- Of these two-vehicle crashes, 78% of motorcycles involved were struck from the front. Only 5% were struck from the rear.
- In 25% of fatal motorcycle crashes, the motorcyclists crashed into a fixed object like a telephone pole or a concrete abutment.
- Speeding was a factor in 36% of fatal motorcycle crashes during 2007.
Seattle Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Chris Davis and everyone at the Davis Law Group sends out their heartfelt condolences for the family and friends of the man that was killed in this terrible accident and hope they can find a knowledgable wrongful death lawyer that will help settle their case and get them the compensation they deserve for suffering such a tragic loss. Motorcycle drivers are often exposed to situations in which there is a possibility serious injuries from a motorcycle accident. If you have been in a motorcycle accident in Washington State, you may be facing severe injuries, physical pain, emotional distress, and financial hardships you may need the help of a Washington motorcycle accident attorney. The Washington motorcycle accident attorneys at Davis Law Group are experienced in helping injured motorcyclists in Washington obtain fair compensation for their losses.