One killed in Centralia accident
Motor vehicle collision caused by speeding
Date: May 21, 2011, 05/21/2011
Location: Centralia, Lewis County, Washington
Type: Motorcycle accident
Outcome: One dead
A man was killed in a motorcycle accident near Centralia on Saturday.
Just before 12:30 p.m. 35-year-old Mycol E. Turner was speeding down Joppish Road when he failed to negotiate a curve and lost control of his motorcycle. He crossed the centerline and continued off the roadway until he crashed into a tree. Turner was pronounced dead at the scene.
Washington State Patrol is investigating the accident and reported that the cause of the crash was speeding too fast for conditions.
Centralia Fatal Accident Statistics for 2009
Fatal accident count: 1
Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 2
Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 0
Persons involved in fatal accidents: 3
Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 0
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- The failure of motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the predominating cause of motorcycle accidents. The driver of the other vehicle involved in collision with the motorcycle did not see the motorcycle before the collision, or did not see the motorcycle until too late to avoid the collision.
- Fifty-five percent of all reported fatal motorcycle crashes occurring nationally in 1998 involved multiple vehicle crashes and 45% occurred in single-vehicle crashes.
- Five crash types account for 86% of fatal motorcycle crashes: motorcycle runs-off-road 41%, motorcycle or other vehicle runs traffic control 18%, head-on collision 11%, car turns in front of cycle 8% and motorcycle goes down in roadway 7%.
- Forty-five percent of deaths in single-vehicle motorcycle crashes in 1998 included drivers with blood alcohol concentration at or above 0.10%.
- Nine out of 10 motorcycle deaths in 1998 were males. Seventy-seven percent of the females who died in a motorcycle crash were passengers and 98% of males who died were drivers.
Seattle Wrongful Death Attorneys
Chris Davis and everyone at the Davis Law Group sends out their heartfelt condolences for the family and friends of Mycol E. Turner and hope they can find a knowledgeable wrongful death lawyer that will help settle their case and get them the compensation they deserve for suffering such a tragic loss. Motorcycle drivers are often exposed to situations in which there is a possibility serious injuries from a motorcycle accident. If you have been in a motorcycle accident in Washington State, you may be facing severe injuries, physical pain, emotional distress, and financial hardships you may need the help of the Washington motorcycle accident attorneys at Davis Law Group.