Litigation Process: The Importance of an Experience Attorney
• Prepare and draft the summons and complaint to file in court
• Perform an investigation to locate the defendant so that personal service of the summons and complaint can be achieved
• Arrange for personal service of the summons and complaint on the defendant as required by law
• Prepare and draft written questions for information for the other side
• Prepare the client for deposition
• Prepare for and conduct the deposition of the defendant and other lay witnesses
• Meet with the client’s physicians to prepare for their own depositions when requested by the defense attorney
• Prepare to take the deposition of the defendant’s experts, including medical experts
• Prepare the client for his or her medical examination by the defendant’s medical experts
• Answer questions and produce information and records requested by the other side
• Hire other necessary experts to support or prove the claim, including other physicians, economists, engineers, vocational, experts, etc
• Review and analyze expert reports about the case, including those addressing liability, injuries, and damages.
• File the necessary documents in court as required by the judge, including witness lists, trial readiness, settlement conferences, etc
• Prepare the client and other witnesses for trial
• Create and prepare exhibits for trial
• Organize records and other documentary evidence intended to be introduced at trial
• Prepare for mediation and/or arbitration by organizing records and other documents for submission to the mediator and arbitrator
• Research and write beliefs and file motions to keep out or let in certain evidence in trial
• Try the case over the course of several days before a judge or jury
Especially in this stage, the advantages of hiring a lawyer are massive. It is important to hire an attorney that has a lot of experience and achieved great reviews by previous clients.
Click here to read about the important of hiring an attorney prior to the case being filed.
Seattle personal injury attorney Chris Davis at Davis Law Group has nearly 20 year of experience in personal injury cases. He is a widely recognized, award winning attorney that wants to answer your legal questions. Call (206) 727-4000 for a free consultation.