Davis Law Group wants you to be informed on how to handle elder abuse, and to understand the appropriate steps to take in order to report it.
We have several articles on elder abuse. Click on the links below to read the full articles.
- Signs and Symptoms of Elder Abuse: Elder abuse is more common than is reported. Be knowledge on how to determine elder abuse if your loved one is in a nursing home or being cared for by another party.
- What do I do if I Suspect Elder Abuse?: State laws differ on who to report elder abuse to. There is a list of people that are possible contacts, depending on your state regulations.
- Elder Sexual Abuse Claims: Police officers are not trained to investigate this type of allegation. Many of these claims are neglected and not handled properly. Make sure that this does not happen to your loved one.
- Skagit County Senior Homes Shuts Down for Deficiencies and Elderly Neglect: A local nursing home was guilty of elder abuse, allegations include: misplacing medications, altering narcotic logs, and caregivers delaying an emergency call for a comatose woman so they cleaned up a mattress soaked in urine.
- July is Adult Abuse Prevention Month: This month is dedicated to putting an end to elder abuse in Washington State.