Davis Law Group reminds you to be safe on the roadways during Labor Day weekend. Many drivers on the road may be under the influence of alcohol and we ask you to be cautious and aware of those around you. But most importantly, do not be a statistic. If you have been drinking, do not drive under any circumstance.
In 2009, just during Labor Day weekend, 139 people were killed nationally in drunk driving crashes, according to Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD).
Is that sobering enough?
Please drink responsibly and do not get behind the wheel.
“There is nothing accidental about a drunk driving accident”
Drunk Driving Key Statistics:
• 1 in 3 people will be involved in a drunk driving crash in their lifetime, on average.
• A person is injured in a drunk driving accident every 90 seconds.
• 30 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes every day.
• In 2009, 10,839 people died in drunk-driving collisions.
• An average drunk driver has driven drunk 87 times before a first arrest.
• 50 to 75 percent of convicted drunk drivers continue to drive on a suspended license.
Please join Davis Law Group and MADD in the fight against drunk driving.