One injured in Cashmere car accident
Motor vehicle collision caused by icy roads
Crash still currently under investigation
Date: March 14, 2011, 03/14/2011
Location: Cashmere, Chelan County, Washington
Type: Car accident, Motor vehicle collision
Outcome: One injured
While responding to a call in the Leavenworth area early Monday morning around 1:15 a.m., Chelan County Sheriff's deputy Mark Hegberg was traveling west on Highway 2 through Cashmere, just past Division Street when his car hit a patch of black ice.
Hegberg lost contol of his patrol car and crashed into a concrete barrier but the force of the collision sent his vehicle across the other side of the highway before coming to rest.
The crash totaled Hegberg's police car and he was taken to Central Washington Hospital with a minor leg injury and was later released.
The Sheriff's office has not yet determined whether Hegberg was at-fault or how fast he was driving. Washington State Patrol is also conducting an investigation.
Cashmere Fatal Accident Statistics
Fatal accident count: 3
Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 4
Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 1
Persons involved in fatal accidents: 7
Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 1
Winter Weather Driving Tips
- Avoid driving while you're fatigued. Getting the proper amount of rest before taking on winter weather tasks reduces driving risks.
- Never warm up a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage.
- Make certain your tires are properly inflated.
- Never mix radial tires with other tire types.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid gas line freeze-up.
- If possible, avoid using your parking brake in cold, rainy and snowy weather.
- Do not use cruise control when driving on any slippery surface (wet, ice, sand).
- Always look and steer where you want to go.
- Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle.
Seattle Car Accident Victim Attorneys
If you or a family member has suffered as the result of a car accident, Seattle car accident attorney Chris Davis and the Davis Law Group, P.S. can help you. We understand the devastation that can occur as a result of being in a serious auto accident. We are committed to helping car accident, trucking accident, pedestrian accident and motorcycle accident victims recover the just and fair compensation they are entitled to receive under the law.