Attorney Greg Colburn Appears On KOMO4 News To Discuss Injury From Foreign Object In Food

Davis Law Group attorney Greg Colburn appeared on KOMO4 News last night to discuss the case of a local Seattle-area woman who choked on a wire that was contained in a Hebrew National hot dog that had been purchased at Costco earlier that day. She later needed a second surgery to remove her tonsils due to damaged caused by the bristle/wire.

The woman's boyfriend prepared a hot dog for her during a barbecue with friends but before long, she felt extreme pain in her throat and was rushed to the hospital. Doctors eventually figured out that a small wire - about two centimeters long - had been lodged in the back of her throat.

Watch the full video above to see the KOMO News report and Davis Law Group attorney Greg Colburn's legal commentary on the case.

Risk of Injury from Pre-Packaged Foods

Objects found in food can cause traumatic injury to the mouth, tongue, throat, stomach and intestine as well as damage to the teeth and gums. Nationally there are dozens of these types of personal injury cases each year. 

The case is currently under investigation and whether the wire was inside the hot dog at the time it was purchased or whether the wire may have fallen off of a brush that was used to clean the grill is being full explored. All possibilities are being considered and to date nothing has been ruled out.

Mischelle Davis
Davis Law Group's Director of Operations & Client Communications
1 Comments
This happened to me. The bristle perforated my bowel and lodged into my outer abdominal wall. I consider myself lucky to be alive.
by RW September 9, 2014 at 05:36 PM
Post a Comment